Are you a fan of winter sports? Well, even if you are not, this episode from the podcast will charm you with beautiful nature, relaxation, and extreme activities, all at the same time.
After visiting the capital of Bulgaria in Episode 3, 20 episodes later we travel to Bansko in the southwest of the country. It is the most famous Bulgarian ski resort, about 2 hours away from Sofia. It is cheap, friendly and beautiful. I invited a local travel blogger, Maria, aka Travelling Buzz, to share her knowledge of Bansko and the surrounding areas.
We talked about places to eat, places to hike, ski, a hub for the creative minds, mineral pools, and more, on the 23rd episode of the Curious Pavel Podcast Sessions.
Fan of listening? Here is the whole podcast episode:
Mentions in the podcast about Bankso:
- What nationalities can be found in Bansko
- Top Tips for visiting Bansko (mineral pools)
- Places to eat in Bansko: Banski Han, The House, Oscars Wine Bar & Gastro, Le Petit Nicolas, Chalet Yanitza
- Local and Foreign Currency
- How Bansko compares to other Bulgarian cities and foreign ski resorts
- Things to do in Bansko
- Where to hike around Bansko – Vihren peak, Koncheto ridge, Polezhan peak
- Rila Monastery
- Bulgarian food recommendations: banichka and boza, Shopska salad
- Winter sports prices in Bansko
- Best area to stay at
If you prefer your travel with visuals, this podcast about Bankso is also on YouTube:
About Travelling Buzz aka Maria:
Maria Stoyanova is a Bulgarian travel blogger at www.travellingbuzz.com and a PhD tourism professional, currently busy with her dream job at Travel Massive. She calls Bansko her home now and enjoys the fresh mountain air.
Related articles and links:
I really hope you enjoyed learning more about Bankso. If you have any questions or comments, I’d love to hear them. Your curiosity is my oxygen. So of course, I couldn’t finish without one more curious fact…
Bankso has a mountain named after it. But you won’t find this in Bulgaria. You’ll have to travel all the way down beyond the bottom of South America, to Antartcica. Here on the South Shetland Islands, you’ll find Bankso Peak.
If you’re curious to hear about other places in the world, there are 22 other episodes (and counting) in the Curious Pavel Podcast Sessions: