Travel to Lithuania through the eyes of a local tour guide. Explore the best tips about sightseeing, food, and more ► Welcome to episode 10! I am happy to welcome back Milda who you met in Episode 001 when she told us all about Luxembourg. This time, we’re heading to her homeland of Lithuania. We had a great chat with the usual things – food, drinks, money, sightseeing. She also told me how to recognize a Lithuanian on the road and how Lithuanians tend to keep the stuff they have, without getting rid of them or selling them. All this and more in Episode 010 of the Curious Pavel Podcast Sessions. Enjoy!
Mentions in the Podcast about Lithuania:
- Curonian Spit – Nida, Juodkrante with dunes and calm relaxation time, the hill of witches.
- Hill of Crosses – next to Siauliai, convenient to drive on the way to Riga.
- Kaunas – Oldtown and Pazaislis Monastery.
- Vilnius – old town, Uzupis – hipster, art area. Coffee 1 for good coffee and locally made desserts. Gediminas Hill or Vilnius University Tower for panoramic views.
- Food – Cepelinai, potato pancakes, Saltibarsciai (cold beetroot soup), Surelis (curd dessert, buy in a supermarket).
- Official Lithuanian Tourism Website
You can also find this podcast about Lithuania on YouTube:
World traveller, tour guide, and tourism business manager shares information about her home country, Lithuania.
If you would like to find pictures of the places she talks about and other travels, you can find her on Social Media by searching for:
We really hope that you’ve enjoyed learning more about the fascinating country that is Lithuania. Where will you head first? Maybe to the Hill of Crosses or to Vilnius’ Old Town? Maybe you’ve come to see the Dunes, or would you prefer to take Milda’s recommendations and try a coffee at Coffee 1, or hunt out the local Cepelinai for a dinner of Potato Dumplings.
Leave us a comment or ask us a question if there’s anything else you’d like to know about Lithuania. We’d love to hear from you, and we’ll do our best to answer it! Ačiū!