Get ready to listen to a podcast about Banff, in Canada ► Another country opens up to us, the 2nd biggest country in the world. We are travelling to Canada and it’s all thanks to Wayne: a travel photographer. Canada, and Banff, are so far from me and honestly, I am not sure if I will ever get there. Thankfully I meet curious people online and they tell me about places I have never heard about. Find out about spectacular views, curious hotels and hidden gems all thanks to Wayne. All this and more on Episode 11 of the Curious Pavel Podcast Sessions.
Fan of listening? Here is the whole podcast episode:
Mentions in the Podcast:
- Calgary Alberta Canada (Home of the 1988 Winter Olympics & Calgary Stampede Rodeo
- Hotels Built across Canada by the Canadian Pacific Railroad: Banff Springs Hotel, Chateau Lake Louise, Jasper Park Lodge Chateau Frontenac
- Banff National Park
- Canmore Alberta Canada (North West on the Icefield Parkway): Miette Hot Springs, Maligne Canyon, Maligne Lake, Iconic Maligne Lake Boat House, Maligne Lake Road, Athabasca Jasper National Park
- Jasper National Park Wildlife, Pyramid Lake, Maligne Lake Spirit Island, Jasper National Park Medicine Lake, Disappearing Lake, Mount Edith Cavell Glacier, Athabasca River, Sunwapta Falls Canyon and Gorge, Glacier Discovery Center, Columbia Icefield Glacier, Wilcox Pass Hike
- Stay in: Bungalows Jasper National Park
- Banff National Park, Bow Lake, Lake Louise, Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Grand Chateau On The Lake, Moraine Lake, The City of Banff, Cascades of Time Gardens, Banff Avenue, Banff Fairmont Hotel, Johnston Canyon, Johnston Canyon Hike, Bow Valley Parkway, Lake Minnewanka Banff
You can also find this podcast about Banff on YouTube:
As a Minnesota based travel photographer and artist, Wayne focuses his skills and energies on landscapes, cityscapes, architectural, nature and portrait photography. His best work comes from images first painted in his mind. He mulls over a prospective image for weeks or months, seeing it from different angles and perspectives, then finally deciding what to capture, he takes action. His images are used commercially by book and magazine publishers, companies and organizations ranging from Financial Services firms, mom and pop Ice Cream shops and The Basilica of St Mary. The images are used to communicate their shared vision and values. Book, magazine and calendar publishers have featured his images in their publications and on their covers.
Find more in Wayne’s blog post – https://www.lettherebelightfineart.com/blog/banff-national-park-photography-tour-simply-amazing/
Bonus Curious Facts about Canada:
- Canada is the second-largest country in the world, after Russia (but you knew that, because we told you that at the beginning…)
- Canada has the largest coastline of any country in the world
- If you thought Wayne mentioned a lot of lakes in the podcast, you are right: Canada has more than half of the world’s lakes (over 3 million lakes!)
- If you like trees, you’re in the right place: over half of the country is covered in forest
- The border between Canada and the USA is the world’s longest unprotected border (5,525 miles / 8,892km)
- Dog food is tax-deductible in Canada 🐶
- There are more doughnut shops per capita in Canada than in any other country in the world.
We really hope you enjoyed listening to this podcast about Banff and about this part of Canada. Where would you head to first? Would you go budget and stay in the Bungalows in Jasper National Park, or would you opt for the full-on luxury of a stay in the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel? Either way, you’re unlikely to be disappointed in the spectacular scenery around Banff.
Leave a comment or any questions you have about Banff, and we’ll do our best to answer it. We love your comments and suggestions.