The Dubai Fountain Show is probably the most popular free attraction that can entertain you during your travel to Dubai (Click here for some Great paid options).
The Dubai fountain is the world’s largest choreographed fountain system. It was built by the same company that built the fountain at the Bellagio Hotel Lake in Las Vegas.
The fountain was finished in February 2009 and it was officially opened in May 2009, together with the opening ceremony of Dubai Mall. The fountain is illuminated by 6,600 powerful lights and 50 color projectors, and costed the astonishing $218 million.
What is the Dubai Fountain Show?
The Dubai fountain has “shooters” that spray water in the air in many different combinations and patterns which can make the water seem to dance. Some shooters can spray the water at more than 150 m. In addition to the “dancing water” at the Dubai Fountain Show, there is also light which makes an even bigger effect. The beam of the light from the fountain can be seen from over 30 km. And just because choreography and light is not enough, there is also music that accompany the performance. Some of the songs are listed at the end of this article but before that…
What time the Dubai Fountain Show starts?
The fountain show in Dubai is more spectacular if it’s seen during the night. Starting from 6 PM, there’s a show every half hour until 10 PM and until 11 PM on weekends (weekends being Thursday, Friday and Saturday). If, for whatever reason, you prefer to watch the Dubai fountain show during the day, there are performances at 1 PM and another one at 1.30 PM and on Fridays there’s another one at 2 PM.
What is the best place to see the Dubai Fountain Show from?
Allow me to give you few options here. You’ll find that each next option will be better than the previous one.
- The most popular place to watch the Dubai Fountain Show is the Waterfront Promenade just outside Dubai Mall. Before every show, thousands of people pour out of Dubai Mall and as a result the area gets extremely busy. If you wish to view the fountain show from here, you should arrive at least 15 minutes before the beginning of the performance in order to secure a place.
- The walkway around Souk Al Bahar is far less crowded and offers a more pleasant viewing experience.
- Probably the best option is to book a table at one of the restaurants with outdoor seating areas overlooking the lake and the fountain. Honestly, I didn’t do this. I don’t even think about it. I came across this option afterwards when I was reading about the fountain.. on my way back home 😐
In case you want to take the last option, which in my opinion is the best one because you don’t have to deal with the crowd, plus you’ll be sitting, here are some restaurant options. If you pick Bice Mare Restaurant you can straight away book your table via:
Restaurants with great views at Dubai Mall:
🍽️ TGI Friday’s (American)
🍽️ Wafi Gourmet (Lebanese)
🍽️ Carluccio’s (Italian)
🍽️ Burj Al Hamam (Lebanese)
Please note that all of the above restaurants do not serve alcohol.
Here are few restaurant options at Souk Al Bahar that will offer you an amazing view.
🍽️ Bice Mare (Italian)*
*The following restaurants serve alcohol.
What songs are played at the Dubai Fountain Show?
If you stay for more than one performance, you will notice that you will hear a different song every single time and that is because there are about 40 songs in the repertoire of the Dubai Fountain Show. Here are just some of the songs you may hear at the performances:
- Time to Say Goodbye by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman
- I will Always Love You by Whitney Houston
- All Night Long by Lionel Richie
- Thriller by Michael Jackson
- Skyfall by Adele
- Power by EXO
Watch the Dubai Fountain Show under the tunes of Thriller by Michael Jackson ⬇️⬇️⬇️
THANKS FOR READING! Say HELLO to me on INSTAGRAM and TWITTER. I’m @CURIOUSPAVEL
2 thoughts on “Dubai Fountain Show: All you need to know ~ 3 min read”
Spectacular. Your comments about how best to view this are really helpful. What a great, detailed guide to how to get the best from your visit here! It would be just my luck to visit and have to listen to I Will Always Love You. Aarrgghh. Thanks for the post CP. Cheers, Michael.
With about 40 songs on the list, you may need to wait a bit 😜 thanks for commenting, Mike:)